BRIMM102 is all about the variables that go into mining finance. We are going to talk about modeling; we are going to talk about commodity prices and risk. Cost of capital will get covered, and how we compete for money, lag time, cycle time, and the core issues with building a balance sheet. Finally, we are going to talk about the difference between accounting and actual profits.
After completing this course, the participants will be able to:
- Define and discuss IRR, NPV, Discounted cash flow
- Depletion vs depreciation and amortization and why mining is unique
- Define and discuss real options
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practices for building a simple financial argument.
- Compare and contrast common concepts in mining finance with those in other industries
- Demonstrate understanding of the flotation recovery model, working on inputs and outputs
- Apply concepts to specific scenarios/case studies
For any questions, feedback or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
For any access or technology related questions, please contact us at [email protected].
For any content related questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- Enrolment in this course closed on 05/10/2021.